After ending an accomplished career as a fraud investigator, I am now a full-time writer and bestselling author. My books include the award-winning Chocolate for Breakfast (the first book in the Swiss Chocolate trilogy) and Amazon #1 bestseller Bits of Broken Glass.
My novel Villa del Sol was awarded the 2018 Book Prize in Literary Fiction by the Independent Publishers of New England.
The most horrible year 2020 knocked me off course a bit, but I released my 10th novel, The Summer of Princess Diana, in October 2021.
Meanwhile, I blog here – mainly about life, family, friends, and the changing world around us.
I’ve participated in the April A to Z Challenge since 2012, and look forward to the new year! If you’re wondering about past themes, I’ve done:
- Authors, Poets, Lyricists
- Oh! The Places I’ve Been! Oh! The Places I’ve Been!
- Smile! And say…. (the infamous cheese theme)
- Listen Up! (Musical instruments)
- Paris Between the Wars
- Broadway Musicals
- Yes, But Would You Eat It?
- Stay Home! Wear a Mask! (Travel throughout Rhode Island) https://marthareynoldswrites.com/2021/04/01/atoz-stay-home-wear-a-mask-a-is-for-apponaug/
- Songs to Remember – 1981 (Here’s the first in the series https://marthareynoldswrites.com/2022/04/01/atoz-1981-songs-to-remember-a-is-for-all-those-years-ago/)
Each November, I host the Book-a-Day Giveaway right here – I showcase local (Rhode Island) authors and there’s a giveaway every single day, culminating in some big prizes at the end of the month. These features are a lead-up to the annual RI Authors Expo, which will be held this year on SATURDAY, DECEMBER 3 at the CROWNE PLAZA in Warwick, RI. Check out details at http://riauthorexpo.com/
I’ve challenged myself to write fast during National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), completing the messy first draft of Chocolate Fondue in November 2012. In July 2013, I wrote 50,000 words for Bittersweet Chocolate, the third and final book in the series, during Camp NaNoWriMo. These days, I write when I can. Because I also like to read, and edit, and, yes, blog.
It’s never too late to pursue your dream……and I am living proof.