So, last week I wrote about purging your clothes closet via Project 333. I did it! Well, I did my best. Even at week forty-three, it was difficult.
Now, if you’ve been following this blog since its inception, you might recall that I had already donated bags of clothes. And still there was too much. So I did what is recommended: I took everything out of my closet(s) and laid the items on the bed.
Next, I separated out the items I had no use for. Extras, the items I haven’t worn in years, the things that don’t fit (and haven’t for years). I made sure not to count winter clothes, underwear and socks, sleepwear, and the clothes that are considered loungewear.
What I ended up with:
- 6 pairs of pants (down from 11) – black, navy, jeans, khakis, 2 whites.
- 15 shirts (down from 18) – I did not count the four tanks I sometimes wear under a shirt.
- 6 pairs of shoes (down from 12) – sneakers, sandals, black, brown, tan.
- Jewelry. Wedding rings don’t count. But I’m keeping everything I have. I don’t always wear it, but most of my jewelry was given to me by my husband. I’m keeping it! 🧡
- Accessories. I have a couple of scarves, but I’d consider them part of my winter stuff.
- I have a raincoat. Nothing else needed for the summer.
- That comes to 28. 32 if you add in the tank tops.
I’ll try this again in the fall.
How about you? Feel like giving it a try?