I managed to sneak in a blog post before the end of a January. Sorry for not being more consistent, but January finds me deep into drafting my new novel. And I write it out in longhand (with my favorite pen) in a spiral-bound notebook my dear friend Lynne gave to me. I’ve written twenty-four chapters so far – yay, me!
Meanwhile, the three books I wrote as my “Happy Ever After” trilogy are being featured on various book blogs over the coming weeks. This is a way to let readers who may not know me learn about my books, and there’s a giveaway of the trilogy as well. You can follow THIS LINK to find out about all the tour stops and enter the Rafflecopter giveaway.
Hey, if you know me, you know I’m big on giveaways. Belated congratulations to Geri C. in Indiana, who won my big December giveaway box. I’ll have another one coming up in the spring.
Like all indie authors, I could use more reviews on Amazon. Yep, you’ve read this before. But I’ll keep asking because it truly helps. Just a few words will do, and I’d rather have honest feedback, even if it’s critical. It helps me be a better writer.
Back to the new novel. The year is 1981 and the setting is…..wait for it….yes, it’s set in Switzerland! That means I need to go back and research. No, really, my husband insisted. So off I go in March to visit with my friends and refresh my memory. Expect this new novel in late November – I’m already excited about it! I’ll share more as the year progresses.
We’re living in uncertain times, my friends. Each day provides us with opportunities to be kind. I don’t want to miss those chances, do you?
Happy New Year! And happy new decade. Wasn’t it just yesterday we were freaking out about Y2K??!
Ten years ago, on December 31, 2009, I was still working as a fraud investigator. My work environment wasn’t good, but it would grow worse throughout 2010 until I finally had enough.
We lost our little pug, Jessie, in May of 2009.
While we were dog-less, we took a trip to Lugano, Switzerland, in September that year.
Then by October, my husband indicated he was ready for another dog, and our little Cavalier King Charles spaniel, Bonnie, arrived in early November.
After I finally quit the job that was making me physically sick, I began writing my first novel in 2011. And here, on the final day of 2019, I’ve published nine novels and one non-fiction journal. And I can’t wait to begin my new book!
Thank you, all of you, for reading these blog posts, for taking a chance on an unknown author, for being a loyal reader, for buying my books as gifts for yourself and for others, for posting reviews, for letting me know that I write books you like to read! I am grateful, so grateful.
Yes, the 7th Annual Rhode Island Authors Expo is this Saturday! Our biggest event of the year, the Expo features over 120 local authors in all genres – history, romance, mystery, science fiction, children’s books. Fabulous raffle items this year, free admission, free parking, and even Santa! If you’re in the vicinity, I hope you’ll stop by and say hello.
Next up – Martha’s big giveaway! My newest novel, All’s Well in Jingle Valley, was released earlier this week. It’s my 9th novel and my 10th book, and I’m so, so grateful to be doing this thing I love. All’s Well in Jingle Valley is actually the third (and final) book in The Happy Ever After series, which includes my 2015 novel A Jingle Valley
Wedding and 2018’s April in Galway. While I hadn’t intended to write a trilogy, when I wrote the ending to April in Galway last year, I decided to weave the story into Jingle Valley. The first book, A Jingle Valley Wedding is discounted at Amazon (ebook) to just 99 cents for the month of December.
So – here are the details to qualify for the giveaway:
- If you pre-ordered the book prior to November 15, let me know in the comments (3 entries)
- If you pre-ordered the book between November 15 and December 1, let me know in the comments (2 entries)
- Post an honest review at the Amazon site before December 13 (5 entries)
- Post an honest review at the Amazon site before December 22 (4 entries)
- Share the book and its buy link on Facebook (3 entries)
- Post a photo of the book on Instagram and use the hashtag #JingleValley (3 entries)
And what can you win?
- ~ a black Eccolo journal with magnetized closure and a fancy pen to record your brightest thoughts (maybe this will be the year you write that novel?)
- ~ an Almond Cookie gift set from Carol’s Daughter, featuring Almond Cookie Softening Body Wash, Almond Cookie Frappe Body Lotion, and Almond Cookie Nourishing Hand Cream
- ~ a $10 Starbucks gift card
- ~ a set of postcards from the Norman Rockwell Museum in Stockbridge, Massachusetts (Dalton, Massachusetts is practically next door!)
- ~ a small box of maple sugar candy from Stockbridge
- ~ a Vera Bradley zip ID case in Romantic Paisley
- ~ and of course, a signed copy of All’s Well in Jingle Valley with a fabulous BookFlip bookmark
- ~ and there may be a surprise or two! (I always add a little something)
I’ve got two more book signings this month – on Saturday, December 14, I’ll be at Stillwater Books in downtown Pawtucket from 1:00 to 3:00.
And on Saturday, December 21, I’ll be at Ink Fish Books in Warren from 1:00 to 3:00.
Finally, let me say THANK YOU for supporting me since I began this writing journey in 2011. I am very grateful for all of my readers, whether we’ve known each other for decades or you’re someone new who’s recently discovered my books. My personal goal is to write a book each year as long as I’m able to do so. I’m already planning and plotting my next novel!
Wishing you warm blessings, comfort, and good health this holiday season.
It starts this Monday, November 18 and runs all week, through Sunday, November 24. I hope you’ll join me online at Facebook (yes, this is a Facebook event) here
The Rhode Island Authors Showcase will feature 30 authors of varying genres (something for everyone!) – each author is giving away a prize at his or her Facebook page. I have a sweet chocolate sampler up for grabs. The chocolate is local (of course), from The Chocolate Delicacy in Warwick, Rhode Island. Dark, milk, white – it’s all there!
Each day you can visit the pages of the featured authors (four or five per day). Once you’ve visited and answered their questions, come back to the main page and answer the question of the day. Participate all seven days and you could win our Grand Prize, a $250 Amazon gift card, just in time for some serious holiday shopping. We’ve got a Bonus Prize as well for the runner-up, a Rhode Island-themed gift basket valued at $50.
I hope you’ll join in the fun! And don’t forget, locals – the Rhode Island Authors Expo is coming up on Saturday, December 7, 2019 at Rhodes-on-the-Pawtuxet from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm. Over 125 local authors will have signed books available! There will also be informative panels, author spotlights, the best raffles around, and Santa! Free parking, free admission.
My 9th novel, All’s Well in Jingle Valley, is available for pre-order HERE and it will be released officially on Monday, December 2.
To celebrate the publication of this third book in The Happy Ever After series, I’m giving away a big box of prizes to one lucky winner. Here’s what’s included:
- a black Eccolo journal with magnetized closure and a fancy pen to record your brightest thoughts (maybe this will be the year you write that novel?)
- an Almond Cookie gift set from Carol’s Daughter, featuring Almond Cookie Softening Body Wash, Almond Cookie Frappe Body Lotion, and Almond Cookie Nourishing Hand Cream
- A $10 Starbucks gift card
- A set of postcards from the Norman Rockwell Museum in Stockbridge, Massachusetts (Dalton, Massachusetts is practically next door!)
- a small box of maple sugar candy from Stockbridge
- a Vera Bradley zip ID case in Romantic Paisley
- and of course, a signed copy of All’s Well in Jingle Valley with a fabulous BookFlip bookmark
- and a few more surprises!
There are many ways to earn entries, loyal readers! This giveaway will conclude on Monday, December 23, 2019 at midnight, and I will randomly select a winner on Tuesday, December 24. (NOTE: If you live outside the U.S., I will send you an ebook and a gift card valued at $75)
Here’s how to earn entries:
- Pre-order the book no later than November 15. You can email me the link or screenshot. 3 entries
- Pre-order the book by December 1. Again, email the link or screenshot. (if you don’t know how to do this, then you can let me know you pre-ordered the book, and I will trust you!) 2 entries
- Post a review of the book on Amazon before December 13. 5 entries
- Post a review of the book on Amazon before December 22. 4 entries
- Share the book and on Facebook (tag me!) 3 entries
- Post a photo of the book on Instagram using hashtag #JingleValley 3 entries
As a bonus, I’ve lowered the price of A Jingle Valley
Wedding to just 99 cents (ebook) all month, in case you haven’t read it yet. Get your copy HERE
And thank you for your continued support!
Come see me on Saturday, December 7 at Rhodes-on-the-Pawtuxet in Cranston, RI, where I’ll have all my books for sale!
We’re halfway through this wonderful month and it isn’t slowing down one bit. Look! I have a cover for my new novel! And here’s the series, all three books.
Now, if you’ve been following along, you will remember that when I wrote A Jingle Valley
Wedding back in 2015, I hadn’t thought a lot about a sequel. But a number of people did remark that when the book ended, they were not ready for the story to be finished. I kept that in the back of my mind, even as I wrote Villa del Sol and even as I wrote April in Galway. At the end of April, our character April Tweed has an idea – to be married at the wedding venue her old friend Julie Tate had created on a farm in western Massachusetts. By this time last year, I knew I’d be combining both A Jingle Valley Wedding and April in Galway into a new novel. And, in a first for this author, there’s a happy ever after. Imagine that!
All’s Well in Jingle Valley won’t be released until December 2, and print copies will be available at the 7th Annual Rhode Island Authors Expo, on Saturday, December 7. But you can pre-order it now! Just click HERE and the ebook will magically drop into your Kindle on December 2. I’ve never done a pre-order before, so I don’t know whether it’s a brilliant marketing tool or not.
Meanwhile, my novel Bits of Broken Glass is just 99 cents to download through the end of this month. In November, I’ll discount the first two books in The Happy Ever After series, so you can catch up before reading All’s Well.
And if you’re on Facebook, please join me in the Wicked Good Hop starting this Monday, October 21, where you can win books and prizes. And again next month, join in at the Rhode Island Authors Showcase November 18-24, where the Grand Prize is a $250 Amazon gift card! Yes, both of these events are Facebook-only events.
Following this blog is not only smart, it can save you money!
Welcome to October! I’ve been a recalcitrant blogger lately, mostly because I’m hurrying to get my new novel ready for an early December release. I’ve begun a tradition of showcasing a new novel each year in December at the annual Rhode Island Authors Expo. This year I’ll have All’s Well in Jingle Valley, the sequel to both A Jingle Valley
Wedding and April in Galway.
But while we’re talking books, how about this? You can participate in The Kindle Book Review’s big Fall Giveaway. You have a chance to win a $200, $100, or two $50 Amazon eGift Cards from the No. 1 site for reader giveaways~~The Kindle Book Review. Just click on the link below and enter the Rafflecopter on the giveaway page. It’s easy & fun. If you love reading, enter now! The giveaway ends October 31st. Click here and enter every day ~> http://ow.ly/hiCV50wEBqg
I’m featuring one of my earlier books during this giveaway – Bits of Broken Glass, the story of four people who attended the same high school, but weren’t close. As the days lead up to their 25-year high school reunion, each of them will wonder if it’s possible to ever go home again. The ebook version of Bits of Broken Glass is discounted during October to just 99 cents. Not a bad deal for a novel one reader predicted, “…you’ll find yourself turning each page in anticipation of what comes next.” Get the book HERE.
And there a more giveaways coming! So stay tuned and enjoy October!