- Don’t tell me it’s just a number. I know the number. It’s 59, dammit. 😉 And yes, I’m very aware that I’ve just entered my sixtieth year.
- I talk to myself a lot these days, especially in the supermarket when I’ve forgotten my list.
- I still make mistakes, but I laugh about them. Mostly.
- I used to pull all-nighters. Not so much anymore, unless insomnia taunts me until sunrise.
- Kids know so much more then we did, and we thought we knew everything. They’re way too grown up, though, which is a little sad. Kids shouldn’t have to worry until they’re sixteen and driving. Then everybody worries.
- I rarely wear makeup anymore, unless I go out. And if I go out without makeup, I’ll definitely run into someone I don’t want to see.
- I don’t wear perfume, either. Deodorant, yes. Sunscreen, definitely.
- I wish I’d worn a lot more sunscreen in my younger days.
- I don’t miss full-time work at all.
- I have never made a “bucket list,” and I never will. There are places I’ll never get to see, things I may not get to do, and it’s okay. I’ve traveled a lot. I’m not done traveling, either, or learning. But no lists.
- Well, maybe one. Today begins the Year of Living Minimally. Throughout the coming months, I’ll be posting about this journey.
- There were a few Mr. Wrongs in my twenties and thirties, but at 35, I met the man who could not have been more right. I’m very grateful for that, and for him, and for the hands of my father and his mother who guided us to each other. However long we have together is a gift, something to be cherished.
- And speaking of gratitude, I’m thankful for coffee in the morning, a good bed at night, and air conditioning in the summer. And for you, the reader of this blog post!
- By the way, I was just kidding about that title. Really.
Tell me something good today. Or make me smile. After all, I only turn 59 once. 🎉🎂🎶🎈🙌