I’ve been a poor blogger lately, but with good reason – my sixth novel is nearly finished! I’m down to my last twelve pages of rewrites, and have devoted much of this past summer to that task, so that the book will be out by November. And here we are at the end of September, so what better way to take a break than with some pumpkin talk?
It’s here, it’s seemingly everywhere. Pumpkin-spice (insert brand here). Ingredients: Corn Syrup, Sugar, Modified Cornstarch, Dextrose, Water, Gelatin, Contains Less Than 2% of Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate (Whipping Aid), Natural And Artificial Flavor, Yellow 5, Red 40, Yellow 6, Blue 1.
How about you make your own? Here’s my favorite fall breakfast:
- 1/2 banana, frozen (50 cal)
- 1/2 scoop PLNT protein powder (chocolate or vanilla) (55 cal)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (50 cal)
- 1 1/2 c. unsweetened almond milk (45 cal)
- pumpkin pie spice (however much you want)
Blend it and love it! Here’s the nutrition information: 200 calories, 5g fat, 27g carb, 12g protein
And the best part? It’s real.