Some period drama-loving friends and I are throwing a big online party to celebrate Masterpiece
airing season one of The Paradise
. There will be a première night Twitter chat, weekly recaps, and to kick things off . . . a fun contest
involving one of our favorite pastimes – SHOPPING! This seemed appropriate as The Paradise is a Victorian-era department store where plucky heroine Denise Lovett is employed in the Ladieswear Dept.
Read on to find out how you can enter this exciting contest and be eligible to win several FABULOUS prizes!
1) Take a photo (camera pix are fine) of yourself shopping for one (or more) of the following items:
Sampling lip gloss at Sephora
You will receive ONE entry per picture of an item listed above (up to 8 entries).
You can earn a bonus FIVE entries if you submit a photo of yourself with a cute/crush-worthy shop employee (male or female).
2) You may submit your contest photos via Twitter or Facebook.
Twitter – Tweet your picture(s) to @ParadiseParty2
3) This contest is open to residents of the United States ONLY.
4) Contest will begin on Friday, October 4th, 2013 and end at midnight on Sunday, November 17th, 2013. Winners will be announced on Monday, November 18th, 2013.
5) Prizes are as follows:
- Grand Prize – A $50 Macy’s gift card, which can be used online or in-store. The winner of this prize will be selected by the True Random Number Generator at www.random.org
- Bonus Prize – The Funniest Photo – A Kindle copy of The Ladies’ Paradise by Émile Zola (this is the classic novel on which the TV series is based). The winner of this prize will be selected by the 8 authors/bloggers participating in The Paradise online event.
- Bonus Prize – Item We Most Want Photo – An audio CD of The Paradise TV Soundtrack. The winner of this prize will be selected by the 8 authors/bloggers participating in The Paradise online event.
So, you can earn up to 13 entries and there are THREE great prizes up for grabs. Cleverness and originality count with these pix, so have fun and be creative!
Be sure to check out the shopping finds from these fellow Paradise Party bloggers: