Well, it was the lovely Sandra Bellamy at quirkybooks who nominated me for a Best Moment Award. Thanks, Sandra! She noted my CHOCOLATE FONDUE cover reveal post as a Best Moment.
Read below for my official acceptance speech (!) and where I pass the award on to others. The rules, as I understand them, are also posted below.
Awarding the people who live in the moment, The noble who write and capture the best in life,
The bold who reminded us what really mattered – Savoring the experience of quality time.
Winners re-post this completely with their acceptance speech. This could be written or video recorded.
Winners have the privilege of awarding the next awardees! The re-post should include a NEW set of people/blogs worthy of the award; and winners notify them of the great news.
- What makes a good acceptance speech?
- Gratitude. Thank the people who helped you along the way
- Humor. Keep us entertained and smiling
- Inspiration. Make your story touch our lives
- Get an idea from the great acceptance speeches, compiled in MomentMatters.com/Speech
- Display the award’s badge on your blog/website, downloadable in MomentMatters.com/Award
It is my honor and privilege to accept the Best Moment Award, given by Sandra Bellamy, who writes the Beat Redundancy Blues Blog at WordPress. Thank you, Sandra, for thinking of me, and for your appreciation of my beautiful book cover. Thank you to the people who read my blog, who like it, who comment (publicly and privately). It means a lot to me that I write something of quality, even if I’m ranting. To my faithful and loyal followers – I love you! You built my base. And to my new followers – thank you! I’ll never take you for granted.
Here is my list of the nominees for the Best Moment Award, with a link to the post I found to be so marvelous.
- Lottie Nevin, An Account of My Life in Indonesia
- Brea Brown, The Reluctant Blogger
- Kate Eileen Shannon, Rantin’ Ravin’ and Reading
- M J Wright, A Blog about Writing, Reason, and Stuff
- Meredith Schorr, Real Chick Lit for Real Chicks
- The Musings & Artful Blunders of Scott D. Southard
- Eat, Little Bird
Celebrate! Tweet your success with hashtag #MomentMatters. Congratulations to all of the winners!